I really liked using Technorati and Google Blogs to search for library and classroom related blogs to add to my growing number of RSS feeds in Google Reader. After trying unsuccessfully to locate Feedster (I think they've since taken down the site!?), I stumbled my way over to Technorati. I just think the interface of this site is so user-friendly and I particularly like the way you can search for different subject-based blogs according to various categories. I also liked the "Top 100 Blogs" and I found a few interesting personal blogs that I subscribed to. I think that it's great that Technorati includes video links as well as "Twittorati" that incorporates tweets from some of the most popular bloggers. Talk about about a great social networking connection combo!
I also am a big fan of a standard Google Blogs search. Again, I sing the praises of Google, but it is an entity that truly provides answers to many of online needs! After doing simple searches for "school library learning 2.0" and "Classroom Learning 2.0”, I found some blogs that I was particularly interested in following (I believe even a fellow classmate's blog was retrieved when searching for "Classroom Learning 2.0". Again, I'm excited that I will be receiving important updates from my list of "must have" sites and looking forward to continuing to learn about the potential of RSS feeds in libraries.
On a side note, I tried a Wordle with the text above...here's what I created:
Hi Erin!
ReplyDeleteWell, I thought it would work but it didn't. I commented on this post with Google Reader and shared it. I thought it would show up on your blog. Maybe it showed up on mine? So, has anybody else experimented with commenting on blogs from Google Reader? It would be nice to be able to just go to one site and look at everything. Anyway, I enjoyed Technorati too. I found a mashable! feed that is very interesting.