Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thing 17--Sandbox Wiki

After visiting the California Classroom Curriculum Connections wiki, I wasn't quite sure if our new entry was supposed to be our webquest or if we were simply supposed to "play around" in adding entries to one of the topics covered in the last 9 weeks. I did upload my webquest which can be found here (in the Sandbox)...

Help! Save Endangered Species

I also commented on another's entry, with regards to Rollyo (a consistently GREAT idea, but most frustrating tool to use).

Again, I've said this in a previous post, but the ability to collaborate using wikis seems to save both time and effort and increase efficiency from all aspects. As with any newer technology, there will certainly be a significant learning curve (esp. with those staff/teachers/students) who may never have used a wiki before, but the benefits of using this technology greatly outweigh the costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment