Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thing #5: Good as it is to inherit a library, it is better to collect one. (172/365)














This photo really struck me. To me, it represents a view of what I've always wanted in my own library. I always envisioned a room in my house devoted purely to books! (I wish I had the space for that now...) The books would fill the room to the brim, there would always be rain on the windows, it would always smell like a mix of musty books and cinnamon or vanilla candles, and there would be a comfy reading chair in the corner (calling my name so to speak)...

Inside my dream library, I always thought I would have a collection of classics...old, mint edition books of some of my all-time favorite novels like Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, etc...This shot captures the beauty of books to me! I love that the shot is somewhat blurred and the titles slightly obscure. Perfect for someone like me to simply imagine what books the photographer is actually capturing on film. A great photo indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment